Monday 17 October 2011

A Tangent. Or a Tangerine?

In Hidden Treasure: Boac Friday, I referenced a 70s satsuma coloured Sindy bathroom suite, which met an untimely end in a fairly necessary loft cleanse. What delight and surprise then, when I stumbled upon the sink portion of said suite in the Cavendish Arms Pub ladies toilets. I laid it within the real sink for a better photo. And also because I've never put a sink in a sink before.

It went well.


It baffled me to the point where I wondered if Cavendish employed junk-foxes had been lying in wait in the woods outside my parent's old house two July's ago. Surely no one else would have owned and actively kept such a useless item.

But the bizarre co-incidence of blogging about, then discovering this obsolete home furnishing from Barbie's arch rival, further proves why The Cavendish pub in Stockwell, is such a magical den of nonsense.

Last count, there were two analogue TV's carefully arranged in the window, old books on everything from puberty to aeroplanes on the shelves, a pram, many pleasing fifties references and some banana cake. All clean, tidily arranged and carefully considered I must add. If something is next to something else, there's definitely a reason for it. I think...

It is a unique looking drinking establishment which I wouldn't be surprised to find had been made entirely by sentient bric-a-brac and candle wax which one day agreed to arrange themselves into four walls and a bar. Its grotto-like brilliance is unrivalled. It's like if Big Trak got drunk and mated with all your favourite board games at Christmas, then birthed a Happy Shrine. I fully expect to find Wee Willie Winkie drinking here. I see him as a Port man.

And because this has accidentally turned into a review, I might as well tell you to go there. Go there. Drink their good red, fail to play Risk properly, listen to what you keep mistaking for as your own i-pod and make sure you eat some Disco Chips. They're what paprika was made for. A light sprinkling of which is almost the same colour as Sindy's legendary wash bowl... Soap, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment