Thursday 6 October 2011

Sky Creatures


I said to my flatmate: 'What to write about next? There's too much. I'm categorising...
But how to categorise this?


'Being drawn to old fashioned planes, photographed in either a slightly oppressive black and white or
faded sepia tinted colour, that look occasionally eerie, sometimes wistful, sporadically monstrous, sometimes elegant, the design of which I will only ever see through the lens of someone else I'll never meet and the appeal of which, is that they were all probably a chancier ride back then, with laxer safety procedures, and the crew and passengers were undoubtedly embalmed in an overwhelming fug of tobacco smoke, excitement and hope.'

He said, 'that sounds perfect.'

So I bestow you my favourites. A bogie hued Braniff, two BOACs and two Aeroflots (one of which looks like it's powered by Christmas decorations). Enjoy.



















No comments:

Post a Comment